Old-fashioned Buttermilk Pie. I love southern desserts, especially cobblers & pies! And not good memories might I add! I didn't like the sound of it and def. didn't like that mushy filling.
Most famllys consider this pie their favorite holiday pie to serve especially on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Caprese summer salad with tuna variation. Place on wire rack to cool completely before serving.. You can cook Old-fashioned Buttermilk Pie using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Old-fashioned Buttermilk Pie
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick), melted.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It’s 3 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 of unbaked deep dish pie crust, homemade or store-bought.
Often referred to as a pantry pie because it can be made from pantry basics, chess pie is an old fashioned, southern favorite. Line greased pie pan with piecrust. This old-fashioned dessert deserves a second look. Open oven and move pie to bottom shelf to crisp crust.
Old-fashioned Buttermilk Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- In a mixing bowl, mix together sugar, flour, and salt..
- Add melted butter and mix with a wooden spoon until well-mixed..
- Add vanilla and mix in well..
- Add eggs and mix in well..
- Add buttermilk, a little at a time, mixing well each time, until all buttermilk has been mixed in..
- Pour filling into pie crust..
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350°F and bake for another 50-60 minutes, or until the pie is golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean..
- Allow to cool for a while before serving. Pie can be served warm or cold..
You'll want to keep one on hand to impress guests. Originally from the United Kingdom, it is now a traditional pie of the southern United States. It is similar to, and sometimes confused with, chess pie but it does not include cornmeal. It has a homestyle richness filled with nostalgia. It's simple and made from regular ingredients, but it tastes so good.