Ol' Timely Ham and Cheese Macaroni Dinner.
You can make Ol' Timely Ham and Cheese Macaroni Dinner using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ol' Timely Ham and Cheese Macaroni Dinner
- Prepare 1 packages of Large Elbow Macaroni.
- It’s 1 lb of Ham Steak/Slice or ham chunks.
- You need 1 lb of Velveta or American Processed Cheese.
- You need 1 cup of Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated.
- You need 1/2 cup of Green Onions, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of Bell Pepper, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic Salt and Pepper to taste.
- You need 2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
Ol' Timely Ham and Cheese Macaroni Dinner step by step
- Cook macaroni per directions on package to just done, slightly firm, drain and put into lg. (11×13) baking dish..
- Melt butter in Med. sauce pan, stir in flour and cook on low heat 5 to 7 min.- DO NOT BROWN!.
- Add milk to butter/flour mixture,stirring well to avoid lumps. Cook on low heat until it starts to thicken,stirring occa..
- Cut American Cheese into cubes, add cubes to sauce a handful at a time until cheese is melted ad sauce is smooth. Add garlic salt and pepper to taste..
- Mix Ham (cubed bite size), green onion, bell pepper and half of sharp cheddar in with macaroni..
- Take warm cheese sauce mixture and pour over macaroni/ham mixture, stir slightly so sauce will get mixed to bottom and coat macaroni..
- In a separate dish, combine Panko, remaining sharp cheddar and olive oil, stirring to mix and coat, may add more garlic salt to taste. Spread this mixture over Mac/ham/cheese mixture..
- Bake in 350 oven for about 30 – 40 min. until heated through and bubbly and top is golden brown..
- Let set for 5-10 min before serving. Enjoy!.
recipe by chefnotsomuch @cookpad