Vickys Lavender Cake with Lemon Buttercream, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can make Vickys Lavender Cake with Lemon Buttercream, GF DF EF SF NF using 29 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Vickys Lavender Cake with Lemon Buttercream, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of Cake.
- It’s of light coconut milk or milk of choice.
- It’s of apple cider vinegar.
- You need of dried lavender flowers.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- It’s of cornstarch.
- You need of white sorghum flour.
- It’s of baking powder.
- You need of baking soda / bicarb.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of xanthan gum.
- Prepare of Lavender Syrup.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of dried lavender flowers (1/3 cup).
- It’s of Raspberry Sauce.
- You need of frozen raspberries.
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of cornstarch dissolved in 1tbsp water.
- You need of Lemon Buttercream.
- It’s of icing sugar / powdered sugar.
- You need of dairy & soy-free spread / butter such as gold foil Stork.
- Prepare of zest of 1 whole lemon.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- You need of lemon juice.
- It’s of light coconut milk.
Vickys Lavender Cake with Lemon Buttercream, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and grease & line 2 x 8" round cake tins.
- Mix half of the milk with the vinegar and set aside.
- Put the rest of the milk in a saucepan with the lavender. Boil it then take it off the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes to infuse the flavour before straining.
- Put the sugar, oil, vanilla, vinegar milk and the lavender milk into a bowl and mix together.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, starch, baking powder, bicarb and salt.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined then split between the 2 tins and put straight into the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick tests done.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile make the lavender syrup by bringing all the syrup ingredients to the boil in a saucepan. Let simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened. Take off the heat, strain and let cool.
- To make the raspberry sauce, boil the berries, sugar and water until the berries are soft and falling apart.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture, boil to thicken then strain and let cool.
- For the buttercream, mix the butter & icing sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla, zest and lemon juice, adding more juice or some rice milk to achieve a good spreading consistency.
- When everything has cooled, set one of the cake layers onto a plate or cake board and use a cocktail stick to pierce the cake surface randomly.
- Brush the whole of the top surface and sides with half of the lavender syrup then add a layer of lemon buttercream.
- Put the 2nd cake layer on top, again pierce then brush a coating of lavender syrup on top and sides, then spread the rest of the buttercream over the top and sides of the assembled cake.
- To serve, pour some of the raspberry sauce on a plate and sit a slice of cake on top.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad