Vickys Scottish Marmalade Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can make Vickys Scottish Marmalade Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vickys Scottish Marmalade Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s of self raising gluten-free flour.
- You need of xanthan gum if it's not already in your flour mix.
- Prepare of mixed spice.
- Prepare of caster sugar.
- Prepare of zest of 1 orange.
- It’s of zest of half a lemon.
- You need of mixed dried fruit – raisins, currants & sultanas.
- You need of dairy-free spread/butter.
- It’s of orange marmalade.
- You need of light coconut milk.
- It’s of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare of icing/powdered sugar.
- It’s of light brown soft sugar.
Vickys Scottish Marmalade Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 3 / 160C / 325°F and grease & line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Put the flour, spice, sugar, zests and dried fruit into a bowl and stir together.
- Melt the butter with 2 tbsp of the marmalade in a small pan, add the milk in then stir it all into the dry mixture.
- Add the vinegar and stir around 7 times then quickly pour into the loaf tin and put in the oven. Bake for an hour or until it tests done.
- Heat the remaining 3 tbsp marmalade with 2 tbsp water and the icing sugar until the mixture turns syrupy and bubbly.
- Remove the cake from the oven, pour over the glaze and sprinkle the brown sugar on top. Let cool in the tin.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad