Carrot Cake. Carrot Cake with Pineapple Frosting "Delicious! Everyone raved over dessert tonight—this cake is a definite keeper!" – Christina. Carrot Cupcakes & White Chocolate Icing "Cupcakes are FULL of flavor.
One important thing when measuring out your dry ingredients is to make sure to spoon and level your flour. You want to avoid packing the flour into the measuring cup, otherwise, you'll end up with too much in your recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. You can have Carrot Cake using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- You need 3 cups of shredded carrots.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecan + 1/2 cup for garnishing.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of For Frosting.
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 4 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Baking soda helps the cake to rise.
Carrot Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl break n whisk eggs, sugar oil and vanilla..
- Then stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt, baking powder, nutmeg. Then fold in shredded carrots and pecans.
- Grease and flour 9 inch baking pan.(I used 2 round ones).
- Add the batter to the baking pan and place in the oven to bake for 40 to 50 mins. When finish baking put to cool for abt 1hr.
- For frosting: In a bowl add powdered(confectionery) sugar, vanilla, soft cream cheese and butter and mix until creamed..
- Once cake is cool remove from baking pan and place on a cake rack. Spread frosting to the top and then topped with pecans. (Nb because I made 2 cakes I shave the top of one of the cake to be flat enough then I spread frosting then I place the second cake on top then spread frosting again n all over the cakes). Hope you enjoy!!!.
Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing. Oil keeps the cake nice and moist — any neutral flavored oil will work. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. While some recipe historians trace the roots of carrot cake back to medieval times, we disagree.