Double Crust Deep Dish Pizza.
You can make Double Crust Deep Dish Pizza using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Double Crust Deep Dish Pizza
- You need of Yeast Preparation.
- Prepare 1 envelope of active dry yeast (quick rise).
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of warm water 130°F.
- It’s of Dough.
- Prepare 3 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of coarse salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Margarine.
- Prepare of Other Ingredients.
- You need 3 Lbs of Fresh Mozzarella shredded.
- It’s 2 lbs of mild bulk sausage (no casings).
- Prepare 1 Lb of bacon (cooked and chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 Lb of sliced Honey Ham deli meat (cut into squares).
- Prepare 1/2 Lb of dry pizza pepperoni.
- Prepare 14 oz of Pizza Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of small Onion (diced).
Double Crust Deep Dish Pizza instructions
- Add the warm water and sugar to a bowl mix, then add the yeast and let rise for 10 minutes. Water temperature should be 120 °F. Set aside and let sit for 5 minutes until yeast is foamy..
- Combine all ingredients when yeast is ready and mix with dough hooks. Place a small amount of olive oil in a large bowl and place the dough ball in and roll it as to cover dough with oil to prevent drying. Cover with a plastic wrap and put in oven with the light on for 1 hour..
- While dough is rising. Fry the Ham over medium heat for a few minutes to cook off some of the moisture. Otherwise you will have a soggy Pizza.
- Fry the bulk sausage meat. Stir and break it up into small pieces as it is cooking. Once cooked drain oil from sausage crumbles and set on paper towel till dough is ready..
- Divide dough into 2/3 and a 1/3 size portion. Roll the 2/3 size ball into a circle approximately 16 inches, the dough should be large enough to cover a 10 inch spring pan all the way up the sides..
- Start building pizza with 1 layer of pepperoni on bottom, next add 2 lbs of the shredded mozzarella. Now add half of the diced onions..
- Roll out the remaining dough to 11 inch circle. Place this dough inside on the layer of onion and press to the sides of the other dough wall to join the 2 crusts about the halfway filled point..
- Now we cut 4 slices into that middle crust to allow steam out. Similar to a pie crust..
- Finish the pizza building by adding the sausage meat, then the cooked bacon. Now place the pizza sauce in a layer. Now we add the ham, and then onion. Top with the remaining cheese. It may be necessary to press it down gently to not have the chees spilling over when baking..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425 for 45 minutes and cheese is bubbly and starting to brown. It may take a few minutes longer depending on your oven..
- Once removed from oven, allow it to rest for 5 minutes before removing spring pan side.
- The trick to slicing nicely is a sharp chef knife and make the cut quick and forceful. Otherwise you will squish the pizza flat and outward. We want a nice presentation after all that construction…I mean cooking..
recipe by Grill-Master @cookpad