Carla halls BUTTERMILK CHEESECAKE WITH A RHUBARB GLAZE. Also a topping of rhubarb that has a little sugar to keep it tart. Excerpted from Carla Hall's Soul Food by Carla Hall. To make the dough with a food processor: Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment.
This recipe, from celebrity chef Carla Hall's newest cookbook, is fabulous with chopped vegetables of every sort, from tomatoes and corn to Little Gems and cherry tomatoes. I will be making this recipe again! I know, you're looking at the picture and you're saying "Isn't rhubarb red?" Of course, rhubarb is red, but, when you cook it, the color really doesn't hold and. You can make Carla halls BUTTERMILK CHEESECAKE WITH A RHUBARB GLAZE using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Carla halls BUTTERMILK CHEESECAKE WITH A RHUBARB GLAZE
- Prepare 2 cup of chocolate wafer cookies.
- It’s 1 of For the crust.
- You need 6 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of For the filling.
- It’s 2 lb of cream cheese (softened).
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 large of eggs (room temperature).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk (room temperature).
- Prepare 1 of For the rhubarb glaze.
- It’s 1 cup of rhubarb (cut into 1-inch pieces).
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 of lemon (juice and zest).
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
Creamy rhubarb filling is flanked top and bottom by a caramel-like crumbly mixture. A start-to-finish review of Carla Hall's famous chicken pot pie recipe — along with tips and takeaways for making it even better. Instead of a pie crust, Carla's pie is topped with a drop biscuit. Whisk the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine.
Carla halls BUTTERMILK CHEESECAKE WITH A RHUBARB GLAZE instructions
- For the Crust: preheat oven to 325°F..
- Prepare a 9-inch spring form pan with cooking spray. In the base of a food processor, pulse together the crust ingredients until the cookies are fine crumbs and the ingredients have incorporated. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely while preparing the filling. Once cooled, wrap the outside and bottom with two pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil..
- For the Filling: beat together the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in one egg at a time, making sure to incorporate fully between each addition. Add the salt and vanilla extract and buttermilk. Mix just until combined..
- Pour the batter over the prepared, cooled crust. Place the cheesecake inside a roasting pan. Transfer the pan to the preheated oven. Carefully pour warm water into the roasting pan until it reaches halfway up the sides of the spring form. Cook until just slightly jiggly in the center, about an hour and 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, make the rhubarb glaze..
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium pot. Whisk to combine until smooth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened and the rhubarb is tender, about 15 minutes. Blend until smooth and cool to room temperature..
- Remove cheesecake from oven and place spring form gently on a cooling rack. Cool to room temperature. Pour the cooled glaze over the top of the cooled caked. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours..
- Tip: switch up the rhubarb glaze with a different flavor, such as strawberry!.
It should be quite thick yet spreadable. Dusted with a sugar, cinnamon topping, they're the perfect combination of tart and sweet for breakfast or mid-morning snack. Serve up this delicious Ginger & rhubarb baked cheesecake, a great dessert that's simple to prepare. Top the cheesecake with a large pile of the rhubarb and all the cooking juices. Drizzle glaze over warm loaf, letting it run down the sides.