How to Marzipan a Cake. Use a piece of string to measure the top and sides of the cake. You'll then know how big to roll out the marzipan. Brush the cake with jam so the marzipan will stick.
We show you how to marzipan a cake. For more recipe inspiration head over to http://www.videojug.com Subscribe! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?ad. Lift the marzipan on a rolling pin and drape over the cake. You can make How to Marzipan a Cake using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of How to Marzipan a Cake
- Prepare 1 lb of marzipan.
- You need of For the glaze:.
- It’s 6 of ozs apricot jam, warmed with 2-3 tablespoons water, then sieved.
Gently smooth the top and sides using the palm of the hand. And push the sides firmly to the base of the board. Pick up the marzipan by rolling the pin underneath the marzipan sheet and slowly lift over the cake, adding from one side to the next. Smooth down the top of the marzipan on the cake with the smoother.
How to Marzipan a Cake instructions
- Place almost half of the marzipan on a surface dredged with icing sugar, or between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll out evenly until a little larger than the top of the cake and cut out a round about 1/2 inch larger than the top of the cake. Set aside..
- Roll out the remaining marzipan, including the trimmings, to a strip. Cut two lengths of string, one the circumference of the cake the other the exact height of the cake. Using the string as a guide, cut the maripan into strips the same width and circumference as the cake..
- Stand the cake on a cake board. Brush the sides of the cake with the apricot glaze and fit the strips of marzipan around the cake. Press the ends together with a round-bladed knife.
- Brush the top of the cake with the apricot glaze and position the circle of marzipan on top. Press the edges together with the round-bladed knife. If the marzipan is too moist, rub lightly all over with sifted icing sugar..
- Store the cake, uncovered, in a warmish place for at least 24 hours, and preferably a little longer, until dry. If the marzipan is still wet when the icing is added the oils will seep into the icing and make unattractive stains..
This will stop it moving as you flatten down the sides. Preparing a fruit cake with marzipan for royal icing is different than for rolled fondant. D will show you the method he uses for preparing a fruit cake to be royal iced. I have frozen the sponge cake. I'd like to know when I should marzipan the fruit cake and ice it with roll out icing.