Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe). They're delicious and my son started eating them up with jam. When my kids who don't even like KFC or Popeye's biscuits ask for second and third helpings of this, I know this is a winning recipe! Any recipe valued at that level is unlikely to be well-known, likely to be well-guarded, and certainly wouldn't be on the internet.
Are Carla Hall's Biscuits Better Than Popeyes? Not after you try this recipe! The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas. You can make Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe)
- It’s 2 cup of All purpose flour (I used unbleached).
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of Unsalted butter, cold.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 1/4 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 of Butter, to brush on top.
When we think of traditional biscuits in the United States, what comes to mind are golden Like most pastry and bread recipes, flour biscuits, though indubitably delicious, will probably never be considered health food. These are best served freshly baked and warm out of the oven. Recipe was found at Copycat Recipes.com. These are the easiest,best tasting biscuits i have ever made.
Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe) instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl..
- Slice cold butter into cubes and use a pastry knife or potato masher to cut butter into dry mixture until no large chunks of butter remain..
- Add buttermilk and milk and stir with a spoon until dough forms..
- Roll out to 1/2-inch thick on a floured surface..
- Cut biscuits with a 3-inch biscuit cutter and arrange on a lightly greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet..
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until tops begin to turn light brown..
- Remove biscuits from the oven and cool for a couple of minutes, then brush each biscuit top with melted butter..
My family begs me to make them! They taste like the biscuits Popeyes made when they use to hand make them(now they are premade and frozen.)Give them a try,i promise you won't be. For those of you who have no idea what self rising flour is…. The recipe for these four-ingredient biscuits has been handed down for many generations. For a flavor kick, try one of the four recipe variations.