You can cook Buttermilk Cornbread using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Cornbread
- It’s 1 cup of Yellow cornmeal-NOT cornmeal mix.
- Prepare 1 cup of All purpose flour.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 4 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Oil plus about 3 tbls for the skillet.
Buttermilk Cornbread instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place 3 tablespoons oil in iron skillet and let it heat up in the oven while you prepare the batter..
- Mix all dry ingredients with a whisk. Add all your wet ingredients and stir til well mixed. When skillet is sizzling put batter in and bake in oven til golden brown, about 20-30 minutes..