Oatmeal Skillet Cakes with Peanut Butter and Jelly. Individual Peanut Butter Banana Jelly Filled Baked Oatmeal Dairy Free Course Breakfast. Great recipe for Oatmeal Skillet Cakes with Peanut Butter and Jelly. These hearty skillet cakes are prefect as a meal or snack.
Steal Cut Oatmeal is the perfect healthy and easy breakfast, and this peanut butter and strawberry oatmeal is my FAVORITE steel cut oatmeal recipe! Filled with flavor from crunchy peanuts, strawberry jelly, and fresh cut strawberries, it tastes just like a peanut butter and jelly. All I could think about last week was peanut butter and jelly variations. You can make Oatmeal Skillet Cakes with Peanut Butter and Jelly using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Skillet Cakes with Peanut Butter and Jelly
- You need of unbleached all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of quick cooking oats.
- You need of brown sugar.
- It’s of baking powder.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of egg white.
- Prepare of "milk" of choice.
- You need of Peanut Butter and Jelly.
Peanut butter jelly breakfast toast with extra crunchy chia seeds. Peanut butter on a cinnamon raisin bagel (omg). Peanut butter and fresh strawberries spread on banana muffins. Peanut butter and jelly stuffed french toast.
Oatmeal Skillet Cakes with Peanut Butter and Jelly instructions
- Stir together all dry ingredients..
- Add egg white and stir with fork until mixture pulls together..
- Add 1/4 cup "milk" of choice and mix well without over mixing. This is a hearty/dense cake and too much mixing will make it tough..
- Heat lightly oiled skillet on low-medium heat for a couple minutes. This allows time for the oats to soften up. Pour mixture into pan all at once and do not adjust or attempt to spread evenly. It'll do its thing..
- Wait to flip until bubbly throughout..
- Cook an additional minute or two on other side..
- Top with peanut butter and jelly and enjoy..
In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. I like my PBJs with raspberry jam. Feel free to use your jam of choice (grape, strawberry, etc). Spread a layer of raspberry jam between each layer and follow with a creamy layer of peanut butter frosting. I decorated the assembled banana peanut butter jelly cake with crushed honey roasted peanuts and crushed freeze dried raspberries.