Vanila Cake with Melted Cheese topping.
You can have Vanila Cake with Melted Cheese topping using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vanila Cake with Melted Cheese topping
- Prepare of A. Cream together until fluffy.
- You need 5 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ovallette.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 C of fine / castor sugar.
- It’s of B. Combined & Sifted together.
- Prepare 2 C of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of cream of tartar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of bicarb soda.
- It’s of C. 5 tbsp melted butter or 1/4 C cooking oil.
- It’s of D. Melted Cheese Layer.
- You need 1 of cream cheese (500g) – room temperature.
- You need 1/2 Can of condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 C of whipping dairy.
- It’s 1 C of fresh milk.
- It’s of E. Grated Cheese Topping.
- It’s of Cheddar Cheese Block (refrigerated).
- Prepare of Note On OVALETTE:.
- It’s 1 of . What is Ovalette?.
- It’s of 👉🏻 It is stabiliser or emulsifier used in baking sponge cakes. It helps the eggs to rise rapidly and stiffly and cake should be airy and fluffy.
- It’s 2 of . Ovalette substitution:.
- Prepare of 👉🏻 Quick75.
- You need 3 of . Where to get Ovalette?.
- You need of 👉🏻 Usually from Asian grocery.
- Prepare 4 of . Can you omit Ovalette in this recipe?.
- Prepare of 👉🏻 Yes.
Vanila Cake with Melted Cheese topping instructions
- A – Using electric mixer, Cream A until it turns pale or light and fluffy..
- B – combine and sift the dry ingredients in B. Gently fold this dry ingredients to A in batches..
- C – Add C (cooking oil) to the batter. Mix until well combined using spatula..
- Steaming the cake – Pour batter into few small steaming containers (size: 450/350). Pour only a quarter of the container so you have a good fill of cream cheese later. Steam at high heat for 10 mins. Alternatively, you can also use 9 x 9 steaming pan and steam for 35 minutes. Note: some cover their cake with with saran wrap and some wrap their steamer cover with big tea towel to avoid water drips on the cake while steaming. Once done, invert cake on a cooling rack and leave to cool completely..
- E – GRATED CHEESE TOPPING – Next, grate cheddar cheese block on top of the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate before serving, at least for few hours until the cream cheese layer set..
- D – MELTED CHEESE LAYER – In a blender, blend everything in D until well incorporated and creamy. Place cooled cake bake into steamer container (s). Using a fork, poke cake all over then pour cream cheese on top. Avoid filling up to the brim..
- Note: i made this for friends so i sliced my cake into small and thin pieces to fit my plastic containers then top them with melted cheese & grated cheese..
recipe by Pinkblanket's Tiny Kitchen @cookpad