Roasted Ham (Lazy version, Guaranteed to Impress Even the Chef).
You can make Roasted Ham (Lazy version, Guaranteed to Impress Even the Chef) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Roasted Ham (Lazy version, Guaranteed to Impress Even the Chef)
- Prepare 1 of smoked ham.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grainy mustard.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water or stock if you have it lying around.
- It’s Pinch of cinnamon.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need of Maldon salt to finish.
Roasted Ham (Lazy version, Guaranteed to Impress Even the Chef) step by step
- Prepare the ham. Line a baking dish with foil. This does two things – cuts the cleaning time substantially, and also allows you to create a spout in the corner using the foil to pour the accumulating juices back into the pot for re-basting. Place the water/stock in the pan. On a cutting board, cut ham along the lines like you would a hassleback potato. Optional: cut it once or twice vertically, for maximum sauciness..
- Make the sauce. Melt butter in a saucepan. Add mustards, sugar, honey, cloves, and cinnamon. Melt and incorporate on low heat. Add salt and pepper. Smash garlic and add. Simmer briefly. Remove from heat, and allow to come to room temperature. Brush on and all over ham..
- Put glazed ham in tinfoil-lined pan, on some liquid (either water or stock).
- Roast ham at 350 for 1.5 hours; baste after the first 30 mins and then again every 15 mins. Pour excess juices back in the sauce pot (keep on low simmer).
- Finish with Maldon or Kosher salt. Serve with whatever remains of the sauce, and mustard. Pretend it was harder than it was. Enjoy ham for a week..
recipe by Katherine @cookpad