Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken. This recipe is a copy of the the Neely Family Spicy Fried Chicken recipe from FoodNetwork.com with one variation. vegetable oil versus the recommended peanut oil. Everyone needs a favourite go-to fried chicken recipe, and once you try this one, I'm sure it'll be yours! This post may contain affiliate links.
Toss in the chicken thighs in the marinade to coat. I must admit, the fried chicken sandwich craze is very widespread these days, but I love mine for its spicy heat and extra crispy texture. Paula Dean definitely knows how to fry chicken! "Crispy spicy fried chicken recipe that's full of cajun flavor and seasoned to perfection. You can make Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- Prepare of your choice of chicken. I use legs, thigh and breasts. whatever we are in the mood for..
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 10 dash of tobacco sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of each of onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, dried basil, paprika, oregano and salt..
- It’s of criso oil.
In a small bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, and salt. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Stir everything together and go straight in with the chicken tenderloins.
Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken step by step
- If you don't like spicy things then don't use the cayenne pepper or hot sauce..
- Mix hot sauce, eggs and milk in one bowl. If you have the time, allow the chicken to set in the mix overnight in the fridge. This gives it the best puch of heat! Add the rest of the ingredients to a different bowl. Turn on oil to get hot. You want your grease really hot to prevent the chicken from being grease soggy once its done. Just keep an eye on it and your temp not to burn the chicken. Take your chicken from the egg and milk, place chicken in flour mix, coat really well. Then add chicken to oil. Let them fry for browned and flip. Continue to do this until chicken runs clear. Tips: best fried chicken is in your cast iron skillet!!! Once the chicken is done then remove the chicken and drained on a napkin and then serve!.
Transfer to a large, airtight container. By TreatFactory in Cooking Main Course. Begin by placing the chicken in a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together and pour over the chicken. You can have oven-fried chicken that's moist on the inside and crispy, crunchy on the outside—just like pan-fried but with much less fat. In another shallow dish, place chicken.