Vickys Easter Nest Cake with Mini Egg Truffles, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Easter Nest Cake with Mini Egg Truffles, GF DF EF SF NF using 6 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Easter Nest Cake with Mini Egg Truffles, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s of Vickys Best Ever Chocolate Cake pre-baked, recipe in my profile.
- It’s of chocolate buttercream.
- Prepare of foils for sweets, Easter themed or coloured (pastel pink, purple, yellow, green).
- You need of Enjoy Life / Moo Free 'milk' chocolate chips.
- Prepare of cereal such as cornflakes, All-Bran – I use Nutribix which is the gluten-free version of Weetabix made from sorghum.
- It’s of Chenille Chicks or other Easter themed cake decorations to decorate.
Vickys Easter Nest Cake with Mini Egg Truffles, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Level off each of the cooled cakes, putting the offcuts into a bowl.
- Place some squares of parchment paper on a cake board and put one of the cakes on top.
- Cut a 3 – 4 inch diameter circle out of the middle of the other. It's easiest to find the centre point then mark the area with a tablespoon to get the curve shape.
- Like this.
- Crumb the cut out piece into the bowl with the other offcuts and add mix in some buttercream, 1 tablespoon at a time to make cakepop mix until the crumb is easily moulded into balls.
- Roll all of your truffle mix into balls then make the balls more egg shaped and set aside in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Spread a layer of buttercream on the bottom cake and sandwich the cut out cake on top.
- Cover the whole cake in a thin layer of buttercream and let sit in the fridge to set for an hour.
- Melt 150g of the chocolate chips in the microwave or over a bain marie.
- Take the cakepop eggs out of the freezer and coat in the melted chocolate.
- Place on parchment paper to set for 20 minutes or until the chocolate is hard.
- Wrap the set truffles in the foils.
- Try one, they're gorgeous lol.
- Give the cake another skim all over with fresh buttercream.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips as before.
- Toss the cereal in the cooling melted chocolate. I broke my Nutribix biscuits up first. If using cornflakes etc, leave them whole.
- Press all over the cake, inside the cut out area too. This is very messy!.
- Let the cake set at room temperature then remove the pieces of parchment paper.
- Fill the hole with the truffle eggs and decorate with Easter cake decorations if you like.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad