Buttermilk battered fried chicken. Many recipes call for frying chicken in a cast iron frying pan. Sometimes we use one of our trusty cast iron pans, and sometimes a hard anodized aluminum pan. I'm not positive about the batter fried, but maybe you'll like this recipe.it's from Barefoot Contessa (food network).
Sift flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to flour mixture and beat until smooth. Dip each piece of chicken into batter and hold with tongs to drain off extra batter. You can have Buttermilk battered fried chicken using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk battered fried chicken
- Prepare of chicken and batter.
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 cup of sr flour.
- Prepare of spices.
- You need 1/4 cup of Hungarian paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of celery salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of enough oil to deep fry.
Place each piece on a clean. Remove chicken pieces from brine and pat dry; discard brine. Our long search has finally ended. Testing out fried chicken over and over.
Buttermilk battered fried chicken step by step
- Mix the batter ingredients together add chicken.
- Add spices mix all together let marinate for an hour.
- Heat oil to deep fry.
- When done add to paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Repeat till all is done.
One time, we got super close and thought the batter was perfect, but in order to cook the chicken all the way through, it would burn the outside. Place chicken in a large shallow dish. Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. I know there are certain foods that I really shouldn't mess with, one of them being fried chicken. And after all these years of cooking, last week was the very.