Cranberry Apple Pie.
You can make Cranberry Apple Pie using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cranberry Apple Pie
- It’s of For the pie filling.
- Prepare 6 of to 8 Macintosh apples peeled and sliced..
- You need 2 tsp of of Orange zest..
- You need 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
Cranberry Apple Pie instructions
- Mix sugar, orange zest, cornstarch and cranberry sauce in sauce pan. Bring to a boil…stirring constantly. Boil and stir for about 1 minute..
- Gently fold in apples to cranberry mixture..
- I added 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of fresh nutmeg into the apples before I added the apples to the cranberry mixture.
- Make your favorite pie crust . enough for a 9" pie pan.
- Crumble Topping was made using 3/4 cup of All Purpose Flour…DO NOT USE SELF- RISING flour..
- What the apples and cranberry mixture will look like in the crust before topping and baking..
- At this point you may choose to put a regular pie crust on top and bake at 425°F for 35 to 45 minutes. Until crust is a light golden brown or a Crumble Topping like I did today..