Carrot and walnut cake.
You can have Carrot and walnut cake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Carrot and walnut cake
- You need of Rice bran oil, to grease.
- You need of brown sugar.
- It’s of rice bran oil.
- You need of golden syrup.
- You need of eggs.
- Prepare of vanilla essence.
- Prepare of plain flour.
- Prepare of self-raising flour.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
- You need of carrots, peeled and grated.
- You need of walnuts, chopped.
- Prepare of Icing sugar to spinkle.
Carrot and walnut cake step by step
- Warm oven at 150C fan-forced or 170C. Grease a 20cm round cake pan lightly with oil, and line with non stick baking paper.
- Add the brown sugar, oil, golden syrup, egg and vanilla in a separate bowl. Use a balloon whisk to mox until combined.
- Sift the flours, baking soda, and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Pour the oil mixture into the dry ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to stir gently until just combined. Stir in the grated carrot and walnut.
- Pour the mixture into mould and bake for 1 hour. Set aside for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spingle with icing and serve.
recipe by August Diamond @cookpad