Buttermilk Pancakes (Alton Brown). Get the recipe for Alton Brown's semi-instant pancakes. Dump the wet team onto the dry. Make the Mix – The best instant pancake mix.
They're delicious no matter how you flavor them: syrup, chocolate, anything! Episode: The Dough Also Rises: The Reload. Stir until dough just begins to come Stacking Up Pancake History. You can cook Buttermilk Pancakes (Alton Brown) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Pancakes (Alton Brown)
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
The batter is thick and lumpy, which creates fluffy, flavorful pancakes. Will be saving this for my standard pancake recipe from now. They weren't fluffy, they were thick and we were unimpressed. This easy to follow pancake recipe yields super delicious and totally amazing pancakes every time!
Buttermilk Pancakes (Alton Brown) instructions
- Heat an electric griddle to 350 or place a nonstick frying pan over medium-low heat..
- Pulse the first five ingredients together in a food processor. Whisk the last three ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until the batter comes together. Don’t over mix!.
- Set the batter aside to rest for five minutes..
- Add the extra butter to your pan, just enough to coat, and ladle the batter in to form whatever size pancakes you want. Cook until bubbles form and the bottom is golden, approximately 3 minutes. Flip and cook until the second side is golden, another 2 minutes or so. Adjust the heat as necessary as you go along..
- Serve immediately or keep them warm in a 200°F oven..
So much better than a box mix! A yummy breakfast treat, and very easy to make!! That is, until Zach and I got married and. I may try this, but Alton's is not so labor intensive and I love them. I will try the syrup though.