You can have Roasted Ham using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Roasted Ham
- You need 7-9 lb of fully cooked ham, shank portion.
- Prepare pinch of ground cinnamon.
- You need pinch of ground cloves.
- You need 4 Tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 tsp of prepared mustard.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of dijon mustard.
Roasted Ham step by step
- Remove all plastic from the ham..
- Cut skin off of the ham, but leave the fat..
- Score the fat (make shallow cuts) in diagonal angles (see photo), making diamond shapes, but try not to cut through to the meat..
- In a small bowl, mix honey, mustard, cloves and cinnamon..
- With a pastry brush, brush half of the glaze all over the ham, trying to get the glaze in between the cuts..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. If you have a roasting pan with a rack, place ham CUT SIDE DOWN on the rack. Add 1 cup of water..
- Place on bottom oven rack and roast uncovered for 1 hour first, then baste with some of the remaining glaze. Roast for another hour..
- After the second hour, baste with the rest of the glaze and roast for another 30 minutes. If you would like the ham to be a little more browned, turn oven up to 425°F. Check it after 15 minutes to make sure it's not burning. If you hate a meat thermometer, internal temperature should be 160°F..
- When the ham is browned to your liking, remove from the oven and let rest in the pan, covered loosely with foil for 20 minutes before carving..
recipe by Rosslyn @cookpad