Blueberry and buttermilk breakfast cake. Your family won't be able to get enough of it! Every bite is jammed packed with a sweet taste of blueberry and moist, rich cake that will wake your taste. There's just something about the middle of winter that has me dreaming of blueberries.
Now it is the perfect time to make this cake that. Secondly, I like the intricacy that results as a combination of the blueberry and lemon flavor. And third, I just love cake! You can cook Blueberry and buttermilk breakfast cake using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blueberry and buttermilk breakfast cake
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 each of egg at room temp..
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 cup of flour but,set aside 1/4 c toss with berries.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
It is a super moist cake so it will stay good if you have to. Simple, delicious coffee cake recipe that my mom made for company. I took the basic recipe and added blueberries. One of these quickly turns into three…you've been warned!
Blueberry and buttermilk breakfast cake instructions
- Preheat oven 350°. Cream butter with zest and sugar until light and fluffy..
- Add egg and vanilla mix until.combined..
- In seperate bowl toss berries in 1/4c flour and in another seperate bowl whisk together remaining flour,baking powder and salt..
- Add flour mix to sugar mix a little a time alternating with buttermilk and then fold in berries..
- Grease bread loaf pan or 9" square baking dish. Spread batter in pan and sprinkle with sugar..
- Bake 35 mins check with toothpick it might take another 10 mins. Cool at least 15 mins before serving..
Breakfast is (by far) our favorite meal, so it's only natural for us to get excited about new and delicious dishes to try. One of our go-tos whenever we try a new place for breakfast is blueberry pancakes. I am tempted to make some tonight. This recipe begins with the magical combination of blueberries and lemon. Blueberry Breakfast Cake is full of healthy blueberries and sure to please your family!