Stollen. To commemorate this event, a Stollenfest is held each December in Dresden. Stollen (German pronunciation: [ˈʃtɔlən] or ()) is a fruit bread of nuts, spices, and dried or candied fruit, coated with powdered sugar or icing sugar. Your search for the BEST authentic German Stollen recipe has ended: Flaky, moist, aromatic and divinely flavorful, these homemade German Christmas Stollen are INCREDIBLE!
Stollen definition is – a sweet yeast bread of German origin containing fruit and nuts. Stollen is a bread like cake filled with fruit and nuts; a German Christmas classic, with this recipe from Jamie Oliver you can make your own. Add sugar, butter, and salt, and cool to lukewarm. You can make Stollen using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Stollen
- It’s of For Marzipan.
- You need 75 g of almond powder.
- You need 25 g of sugar.
- Prepare 25 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 of egg white.
- Prepare of For Bread dough.
- You need 25 g of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 175 g of all-purpose flour*.
- Prepare of lemon peel of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 90 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of spices of your choice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of active east.
- Prepare of nuts (walnuts, hazel nuts etc.) and dried fruits (raisins, orange peel, apricot etc.).
- You need of *you can mix bread flour and pastry flour.
Chock-full of dried fruit, almonds, and spices, the German stollen is a dense bread that is traditionally oblong, symbolizing a swaddled infant. Soak raisins and fruit in orange juice; set aside. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Place the shaped stollen on the prepared baking sheet.
- Prepare the marzipan. Mix the almond powder, sugar and granulated sugar..
- Add the egg white and mix well until the dough until it sticks together..
- Wrap in plastic wrap and make a bar (about 20-25 cm long). Store in a fridge..
- Prepare the bread dough. Mix all the ingredients except for dried fruits and nuts. And knead well. Then, add the fruits and nuts. Let it rise in a warm place until the size doubles..
- Spread the dough to 25-30cm long. Place the marzipan bar slightly to your side from the center. and fold from the other side to your side to cover the marzipan. Use some water to stick the both ends of the dough..
- Let it rise in a warm place for about 30-60 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200 C..
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes. Turn in the middle if necessary..
- Sprinkle powdered sugar..
A cake tester inserted into the center should come out clean. Remove the stollen from the oven, and transfer to a rack. Imported from Germany, Marzipan Christmas Stollen is a traditional cake enjoyed during the holidays. Filled with delicious marzipan, this delicious dessert cake exudes a wonderful, appetizing aroma. Packaged in a very attractive box, Marzipan Christmas Stollen is a perfect gift to bring to a holiday party, or just enjoy it with your family.