Easy Buttermilk Biscuits. Serve these with some jam, gravy, or your topping of choice for an easy and delicious breakfast! Before you know it, tall, flaky, incredibly delicious biscuits will be rolling out of your oven! When rolling out the dough, be sure to lightly flour your work area surface.
But it doesn't have to be super complicated. When I hear about people using store-bought biscuits from a cardboard tube, it makes me cringe. Cut it lengthwise in half, then in half again, and then cube it on up. You can make Easy Buttermilk Biscuits using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Easy Buttermilk Biscuits
- You need 1/2 cup of cubed butter, cold.
- Prepare 2 cup of self-rising flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
Growing up we ate A LOT of Bisquick. We used Bisquick baking mix for everything from pancakes to biscuits to waffles. Ease: Super duper easy and I've included tons of tips and insights into. The recipe for these four-ingredient biscuits has been handed down for many generations. —Fran Thompson, Tarboro, North Carolina.
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut butter into flour with a fork, until it looks crumbly..
- Add buttermilk, use hand to mix together till dough forms..
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough out to about 1 1/2 inch thick..
- Use a small coffee cup (edges light floured) to cut out biscuits.
- Lay biscuits touching each other on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Top with melted butter and serve.
These homemade biscuits are light and fluffy and soft and flaky. They have a good old-fashioned flavor that will bring back memories of your mom's kitchen.