Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole.
You can make Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- It’s of topping.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of crushed dried parsley.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper.
- It’s of casserole.
- You need 6 cup of cooked chicken, diced or shredded (rotisserie chicken is excellent).
- Prepare 1/2 lb of very thinly sliced deli-style honey ham, rough chopped.
- You need 1/4 lb of thin sliced baby Swiss cheese.
- It’s of sauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 4 tbsp of flour.
- You need 3 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1 of salt.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Set aside..
- Put cooked shredded or diced chicken on the bottom of the baking dish. Rough chop the ham and scatter it over the top of the chicken. Lay the Swiss cheese on top of the ham..
- To make the sauce: Melt the butter in a large sauce pot over medium heat. When butter is melted, quickly stir in the flour to form a smooth roux. Do not brown! Once the roux is smooth and bubbly, slowly pour in the cold milk while stirring briskly to make a smooth sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Stir in the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, smoked paprika and white pepper. Bring sauce just back to a low boil and turn off heat. Pour sauce evenly over the casserole, being certain to get some of the sauce around the edges of the pan..
- To make the topping: Melt the butter in the microwave in a medium sized microwaveable bowl. Heat it for 30 seconds at a time and stop once it’s melted. Take the bowl out of the microwave and stir in the panko bread crumbs, seasoning salt and crushed dried parsley. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole..
- Bake casserole uncovered for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly throughout and topping has turned a light golden brown..
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes prior to serving..
recipe by Brenda @cookpad