Vanilla and Walnut Cookies.
You can cook Vanilla and Walnut Cookies using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vanilla and Walnut Cookies
- You need of Cake flour.
- Prepare of Almond flour.
- Prepare of Skim milk.
- Prepare of Butter.
- It’s of Granulated sugar.
- You need of Egg yolk.
- It’s of Fresh cream.
- It’s of to 1 pod Vanilla beans.
- Prepare of Walnuts.
Vanilla and Walnut Cookies step by step
- Crush the walnuts finely (it is not necessary to add walnuts if you'd prefer to leave them out)..
- Combine the cake flour, matcha, and almond flour and sift..
- Mix butter and granulated sugar with a hand mixer. Add the egg yolk and mix some more..
- Add fresh cream, vanilla beans, walnuts and mix..
- Add the sifted flours from step ② and mix gently. Use your hands to make sure the dough comes together..
- Divide the dough into 3 portions and transfer onto a floured board. Shape into tubes..
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and close one end with an elastic band. Press in from the other end to remove any gaps..
- Close the other end with an elastic band and chill in the freezer to harden. (I usually prepare the dough a day before baking.).
- Preheat the oven to 355°F/180°C. Slice the dough into a thickness of about 0.5 cm each. Align slices on a baking tray..
- These are the ones with raisins. I added 20 g of finely chopped raisins coated with 1 tablespoon of rum without vanilla beans..
- Bake for about 17 minutes in an oven at 355°F/180°C, or until the bottoms have browned (remove with a spatula since they'll be soft)..
- Your crispy vanilla cookies are all ready once they've cooled down. The rum raisin cookies look prettier..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad