You can cook Buttermilk Cake using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Cake
- It’s 3 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 6 of eggs.
- It’s 4 stick of unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
Buttermilk Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°F..
- Grease and flour Bundt pan or tube pan..
- Beat butter until light and gradually add sugar, vanilla and then eggs, one at a time..
- With mixer on low, add buttermilk..
- Sift together all the dry ingredients and add slowly..
- Pour batter into pan and bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean..
- Allow cake to cool 15 or 20 minutes in the pan..
- Gently remove and serve at room temperature with fresh fruit or lemon curd..