Easy Gajar Halwa with icing glaze.
You can cook Easy Gajar Halwa with icing glaze using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Gajar Halwa with icing glaze
- You need 7 of cardamom pods, powdered.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of grated carrots.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of ghee/clarified butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cashews (optional).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of golden raisins (optional).
- Prepare 1 tin of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 100 g of cream cheese/heavy cream.
- You need 65 g of butter.
- It’s 135 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Easy Gajar Halwa with icing glaze instructions
- Rinse, peel and grate the carrots with a hand held grater or in a food processor..
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed deep pan and add the grated carrots..
- Saute the carrots till they turn tender and are cooked. Keep on stirring in intervals while sauting the carrots..
- Add the condensed milk, stir very well and add the cardamom powder, cashews and raisins (if you'd like to have them)..
- Stir again and simmer the halwa on a low flame stirring often, till the mixture dries up and reduces..
- Check the taste and if required, you can add some sugar..
- Spread in a tray and let cool while preparing icing glaze..
- Add the butter, caster sugar, vanila and cream cheese into a deep bowl and using a mixer crash until a very thick cream. Decorate the halwa..
- Serve warm or refrigerated cut in squares..