Tomato chutney with dates and mango pulp candy.
You can make Tomato chutney with dates and mango pulp candy using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Tomato chutney with dates and mango pulp candy
- You need of tomatoes.
- Prepare of dates.
- It’s of aam sotto (mango pulp candy).
- Prepare of cashew.
- You need of raisins.
- It’s of /as per your taste you can adjust sugar.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of turmeric.
- It’s of mustard oil.
- It’s of whole dry red chilli.
- You need of panch phoron (5 mix whole spices).
Tomato chutney with dates and mango pulp candy instructions
- Lets start making chutney, Take tomatoes and wash it well with running water. And cut it into small pieces..
- Now take dates, aamsotto, cashew and raisins and chop it out into slices or cubes..
- Now place a kadhai and put oil in it. Make it really hot not smoky. Add dry red chilli and panch phoron. Stir it 30 secs and add your chopped tomatoes..
- Fry the tomatoes 2 mins and then you have to add salt and turmeric powder. Mix it well. Cover it with the lid and leave it for about 7 mins untill it get cook in low flame..
- After 7 mins remove the lid and stir it nicely. Smash it with your spatula. And now add sugar slowly slowly. Stir it. Once sugar get dissolve add one by one all the dry fruits and aamsotto. Stir it slowly because aamsotto is very delicate now. Keep your gas flame slow and cover it again for about 10-12 mins..
- Remove the lid and stir it slowly and check it out the consistency. Yeah my one is almost ready……put your flame on high for 2 mins and then put it off. ●In this stage if you like to make it little more dry you can, but do not make to much dry because once it cool down completely chutney become thicker in consistency because of sugar●.
- Let it cool down completely and store it in an air tight container. You can store it in refridgator and enjoy it upto 15 days. Enjoy with khichuri, pulao or papad..
recipe by Paromita Banerjee @cookpad