Buttermilk syrup. By tweaking a few things, the results yield a fluffier, cream-colored syrup which is far superior in my opinion. I think what cooks are doing wrong is not cooking it long enough for the sugar to caramelize. It is a syrup variation that has a rich, caramel flavor that tastes absolutely amazing!
It is perfect on Pancakes, Waffles and French Toast, and quite possibly the most amazing syrup ever! The Husband and our youngest son both say they like it more than maple syrup! Our oldest and I really love it; but I still love maple syrup. You can cook Buttermilk syrup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk syrup
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of corn syrup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla.
I think this is a great syrup for making a regular breakfast extra special! And Jade; well she ate and ate and ate and said, "YUM" the entire time. Cade and Carrian have three children and love to spend time together whether it's vacationing or snuggled up on the couch for a good movie. Bring mixture to a boil and boil for one minute.
Buttermilk syrup step by step
- In a saucepan, stir together the sugar, buttermilk, butter, corn syrup, and baking soda..
- Bring to a boil, and cook for 7 minutes..
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the vanilla..
Remove the mixture from the heat and add the baking soda and vanilla. Stir and bring to a boil (the syrup will get quite foamy). The foamy syrup will turn a golden color. Allow bubbles to settle, then stir in vanilla. Like one you'd make soup in.