Creole Macaroni Salad with Garlic Buttermilk Dressing. This is a different take on the dressing for macaroni salad, and is it ever delicious- everyone should try it!! Add macaroni, tomato chunks, zucchini and squash with mixture. Everyone has their own take on these types of.
Instead of just using mayonnaise, which can make the pasta heavy, we combine mayonnaise with sour cream. Since the sour cream has a bit of tanginess, it lifts the flavors of the. Toss in a few veggies, too, if the mood strikes you. You can have Creole Macaroni Salad with Garlic Buttermilk Dressing using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creole Macaroni Salad with Garlic Buttermilk Dressing
- You need of Salad.
- You need 1 lb of elbow macaroni, cooked.
- Prepare 1 lb of Grape tomatoes, diced.
- Prepare 8 oz of Sharp cheddar cheese, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of Celery, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of Onion, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of Green pepper, seeded and diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Stuffed green olives, sliced.
- Prepare of Dressing.
- Prepare 1 cup of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 4 clove of Garlic, pressed.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fine sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
I have been served a lot of macaroni salad and read a lot of traditional recipes in Southern community cookbooks that include, like many a Southern dish, pickle. This recipe comes from a spring holiday dinner party that Mark Bittman and Sam Sifton prepared in Charleston, S. They used this dressing on a blend of kale, mustard greens and collards for a springtime salad. Macaroni salad is a type of pasta salad, served cold made with cooked elbow macaroni and usually prepared with mayonnaise.
Creole Macaroni Salad with Garlic Buttermilk Dressing instructions
- To make the salad, in a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients and toss gently to blend..
- To make the dressing, in a medium-sized non-reactive bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, blending with a wire whisk. Pour the dressing over the macaroni mixture and toss gently to coat everything well. Cover and chill for several hours before serving. Serve cold..
Much like potato salad or coleslaw in its use, it is often served as a side dish to barbecue, fried chicken, or other picnic style dishes. In medium bowl, mix crabmeat and dressing; toss well. Top with crab salad and tomatoes. This creamy Macaroni Salad Recipe is made with short cut macaroni, bell peppers, celery, onion, hard-boiled eggs, and peas. The Greek yogurt dressing gives it an undetectably healthy spin with more protein and less fat than a mayo-based macaroni salad.