Sweet and Spicy Buttermilk loaf. On a rimmed baking pan, form the mixture into a loaf shape sitting in the center of the pan, with all four sides exposed. Brush sides and top with some glaze, then bake for. Panko is Japanese breadcrumbs and available in most grocery stores.
Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients. Wrap baked loaves tightly in plastic wrap and store at room temperature. Baked loaves can also be wrapped in plastic and aluminum foil and frozen for up to. You can make Sweet and Spicy Buttermilk loaf using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet and Spicy Buttermilk loaf
- Prepare of Glaze.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of of BBQ sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of of ketchup sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare of Meatloaf.
- You need 1/3 cup of of panko, Japanese bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole-fat buttermilk.
- You need 1 tbsp of of olive oil.
- You need 1 of minced garlic clove.
- It’s 1 cup of small-diced onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of fresh basil, chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground beef, ground round works best.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of of ground pork.
- It’s 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
In mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and panko. Combine ingredients shape into loaf and place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. How to make Sweet and Spicy Turkey Meatloaf – prep & cook time, serving size, nutritional info, ingredients. Transfer mixture to loaf pan, mounding it in the middle.
Sweet and Spicy Buttermilk loaf instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 218°F (or 425 Fahrenheit.).
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and place over low heat..
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent; do not brown (we're cooking the onions and garlic not tanning them!). Add parsley, basil and tomato paste and cook for about a minute. Set the mix aside to cool..
- In a small bowl combine both the Panko and the buttermilk. Let it set for 5-10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, place beef, pork, cheese, salt and pepper, the onion/garlic mix and the Panko/buttermilk mix. Mix with your hands until combined..
- In a 13x9x2 rimmed baking pan, form the mixture into a loaf in the centre of the pan. Don't touch the sides of the pan. Brush sides and top with some glaze, then bake for 60 minutes. Brush on more glaze after 30 minutes. Keep the leftover glaze warm and stir occasionally..
- After baking, remove the meatloaf from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes; then slice and serve hot with leftover glaze as a sauce..
Brush with remaining Thai chili sauce. You must be logged in to favorite a recipe. Also, I used a half pound of Excellent meatloaf with an excellent glaze. Next time I make it I intend to follow the recipe more closely. I substituted milk and lemon juice for.