Pancakes, whole grain / buttermilk. I perfected these whole wheat pancakes after testing batches and batches until they were just right. But my son says he prefers this recipe that I made this morning. Delicious and healthy whole grain pancakes.
Pour about ¼ cup batter for each pancake on griddle. In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and flax seed. Add the egg mixture to the pancake mix and whisk until combined. You can make Pancakes, whole grain / buttermilk using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Pancakes, whole grain / buttermilk
- It’s 1 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of rolled oats.
- It’s 1/3 cup of corn meal.
- You need 4 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 cup of buttermilk OR quality plain yogurt.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
Easy, fluffy, incredibly soft pancakes made with part whole wheat flour. You get a good dose of whole grain, and the recipe uses only a little sugar, a little oil, and an added egg white. Top them with fruit and I feel pretty good feeding them to my kiddos a couple days a week. When you buy whole grain flour at the store, particularly wheat flour, you'll notice something — it's bitter.
Pancakes, whole grain / buttermilk instructions
- mix dry and wet ingredients separately and then combine..
- Now that you have a great base, consider any of the following spins (all optional): cinnamon, apples, and chopped walnuts; blueberries; raisins; bananas; figs; pears; etc..
- Cook on preheated skillet with a little oil (I prefer the iron skillet for this rustic hotcake)..
At our house, weekends are just not complete without a stack of homemade pancakes. Mix the egg mixture into the. Top these fluffy, whole-grain pancakes with a fresh fruit syrup, also made in your Vitamix. All things that whole wheat flour isn't. However, finding the right balance of ingredients to make your pancakes whole-grain AND fluffy isn't impossible.