Chicken Cordon Bleu, my Version.
You can make Chicken Cordon Bleu, my Version using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Cordon Bleu, my Version
- Prepare 4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to a even thickness of 1/4 inche.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of sliced thin sliced deli ham.
- You need 1/4 lb of thin slices swiss cheese.
- It’s 4 slice of sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of mayonnaise mixed with 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon romano or parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon hot sauce such as franks brand.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of shallot, minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 medium of tomato, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 2 of green onions, sliced.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of mixed fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, basil and parsley.
- You need 1 cup of flour mixed with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Chicken Cordon Bleu, my Version step by step
- Lay each chicken breast flat on work surface, brush lightly with mayonnaise mixture, starting with slices of Swiss cheese than ham divide evenly between the 4 chicken breasts.
- Fold over and tuck in seams enclosing ham and cheese, secure with toothpick.
- Brush enclosed chicken lightly with the mayonnaise mixture. C.
- Put flour mixture in bowl and coat each chicken bundle with flour.
- Heat a large skillet, large enough to hold chicken in one layer with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sear each chicken bundle on all sides just until brown and remove to a plate.
- Add shallot and garlic to skillet and soften, add wine to deglaze pan and reduce wine until its almost gone, add broth, tomato, cream, lemon juice, green onions and herbs, bring to a boil cook 5 minutes, reduce heat to low add chicken to skillet baste with sauce, cover and poach 15 minutes, remove cover place slice of cheddar on each chicken bundle recover and poach 5 minutes more until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with either rice, pasta or bread for the sauce.
recipe by fenway @cookpad