Sharon's Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits.
You can cook Sharon's Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sharon's Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
- It’s 8 tbsp of butter ( divided).
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
Sharon's Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits instructions
- pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- melt half of butter in 8" or 9" square baking pan.
- sift all dry ingredients together in mixing bowl and cut in the rest of butter. mix should resemble coarse cornmeal.
- make a well in flour mixture and add buttermilk all at once. stir only to moisten and dough pulls away from sides of bowl..
- gently knead dough 10 or 12 times.
- pat or roll dough to about 1" thick and cut onto 2" biscuits.
- place in baking pan and flip so both sides are covered with melted butter..
- place them close together in pan and bake for 12 to 15 min..