Whole Wheat- Buttermilk Scone (Weight Watchers).
You can make Whole Wheat- Buttermilk Scone (Weight Watchers) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat- Buttermilk Scone (Weight Watchers)
- You need 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of lowfat buttermilk.
Whole Wheat- Buttermilk Scone (Weight Watchers) step by step
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- whisk together all dry ingredients (first 6 ingredients) in a medium bowl. with pastry blender or two knives used scissors style, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse scrubs. Add buttermilk to flour mixture, stirring just until moist dough forms..
- With floured hands, knead dough 6-8 times in bowl to bring dough together (dough will be shaggy).
- turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface and pat to 1/2 inch thickness. With floured 2.1/2 inch round cutter, cut out 10 rounds without twisting cutter. Gather scraps and reroll, making total of 12 scones. Place scones 1 inch apart on un-greased baking sheet..
- bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Transfer to wire rack; serve warm..
- Power Points per serving 4 . Makes 12 scones 56 grams each..