Croque Madame a scrumptious breakfast idea.
You can have Croque Madame a scrumptious breakfast idea using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Croque Madame a scrumptious breakfast idea
- It’s of For the Mornay sauce.
- Prepare 25 g of butter.
- It’s 50 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 40 g of grated gruyere cheese.
- Prepare of For the toast.
- You need 2 slices of sourdough bread.
- Prepare 1 slice of ham.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need of Fresh thyme or tarragon to garnish.
Croque Madame a scrumptious breakfast idea instructions
- Melt the butter on low heat and brush one side of each slice of bread with some of it. Grill under a medium hot grill until golden. To make your Mornay sauce, to the remaining butter add the flour and cook for about 1 minute or so. Slowly add the milk continuing stirring until a thick cream. Add some of the cheese and the Dijon mustard and set aside..
- To assemble your toast: on one of the slices of bread, start by layering some of the sauce, you ham and the chees and grill until melted. once golden, top with your other slice, and repeat by adding the sauce and the cheese and grill. Top with the fried egg and garnish with fresh herbs..
recipe by In cucina con Sofia @cookpad