Caesar Salad with a twist.
You can make Caesar Salad with a twist using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caesar Salad with a twist
- It’s 1 of bowlful of salad mix, washed and dried.
- It’s of Croutons.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 4 slices of turkey ham or bacon, cut into 1 inch squares.
- Prepare of Dried cranberries (optional).
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s Dash of Worcester sauce (or Japanese soy sauce).
- Prepare of Honey (optional).
- It’s of Apple cider vinegar (optional).
Caesar Salad with a twist instructions
- If you don't have croutons on hand, make some by taking 2 slices of white bread, remove crusts, dice and toss in a mixture of olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake in a single layer at 150°C for 10-15 min till crunchy..
- Boil 2 eggs in cold water. Start the timer when water starts to boil for 6 min. (I do this if the eggs are from the fridge. If the eggs are at room temperature, add them in when the water starts boiling instead) Pour away hot water and submerge in cold water for a minute or so before cracking the shells and cutting the eggs into quarters. Yolks should be orange but firmly set..
- While eggs are cooking, heat a pan with olive oil and fry the bacon or ham till browned and crispy. If using ham, drizzle some honey to caramelise. This will also speed up the cooking so be careful not to burn the ham..
- Reserve the oil after cooking and in the fresh heat, mix in dijon mustard and a dash of Worcester sauce and apple cider vinegar (as the original Nigella recipe calls for). If you don't have the vinegar and Worcester sauce, replace with sushi soy sauce. The honey, mustard and soy sauce mixture makes a good alternative..
- Distribute the ham/bacon onto the salad, followed by a sprinkle of dried cranberries, the eggs, drizzle the sauce, and lastly sprinkle the croutons..
recipe by Lydia Sahrom @cookpad