You can have Buttermilk Biscuits using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Biscuits
- You need 2 cup of Flour (all purpose).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Table salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of White sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Cold butter (cubed).
- It’s 1 cup of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking soda.
Buttermilk Biscuits step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a bowl or food processor combine flour, baking powder, salt, white sugar and baking soda.
- Sift ingredients with a whisk till fully combined. If using a food processor pluse 2 or 3 times to incorporate..
- Add butter and combine with flour using a fork. pulse with your food processor till the dry mix looks like small grains of cornmeal.
- Add buttermilk stirring till dough forms..
- Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead 5 times. Then form or roll dough to 1 inch. Use a 2" biscuit cutter or drinking glass dipped in flour and place on ungreased cookie sheet. brush with melted butter and bake for 15 minutes or untill golden brown..