Croque Madame and Monsieur.
You can have Croque Madame and Monsieur using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Croque Madame and Monsieur
- You need 8 of x slices of granary bread cut into discs.
- It’s 4 of x thin slices of ham.
- Prepare 2 of x tbsp cold bechamel sauce.
- Prepare 2 of x tsp dijon mustard.
- It’s 150 g of grated Gruyere cheese.
- It’s 2 of x quail eggs.
- It’s 50 g of melted butter.
Croque Madame and Monsieur step by step
- Brush the bread discs with melted butter and bake at 180c for around 10 minutes or until toasted but not all the way crispy. Smear mustard onto 4 of the discs, then spread béchamel.
- Sit ham onto the béchamel and then sprinkle the cheese, spread dijon on the other 4 toast rounds and top those with a more generous amount of béchamel, sit those sauce side up on top of the 4 already covered toasts.
- Top all with remaining cheese and bake at 180c until crispy about 10/15 minutes, while baking pan fry 2 quail eggs..
- Finish the croque madame by sitting a fried egg onto, of course the traditional dish is made with a regular sized sandwich with a regular hens egg, so feel free to size up but I just love the way these look made nibble sized, either way they are seriously lush me babbers. Please check out the entire video from my Youtube channel here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDO6POAnMb4.
recipe by Uncle Matt's Cookery Lessons @cookpad