Best Buttermilk Fried Chicken.
You can cook Best Buttermilk Fried Chicken using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Best Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- Prepare of Buttermilk Fried Chicken.
- You need 15 strips of chicken.
- It’s 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of AP flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s of Desired amount of pepper.
- You need of Desired amount of white pepper (for a kick).
- It’s 1 cup of oil.
Best Buttermilk Fried Chicken step by step
- In a large frying pan, pour in the oil and turn heat on high..
- Measure out the flour and buttermilk, and put in separate bowls. (See step 3 on how to make your own buttermilk from scratch.).
- You can easily make buttermilk with whole milk and either lemon juice or white vinegar. For every 1/2 cup of milk you use, add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice or white vinegar; whisk together. (For this recipe I wanted the lemon flavor to stand out a little more so I did 1/2 tsp per 1/4 cup of milk.).
- Combine the buttermilk with the eggs; mix well with a fork or whisk..
- Add all the spices into the bowl of flour and mix..
- Coat the chicken strips in the flour mixture and dunk into the egg mixture. Then, coat them again in flour..
- By now your oil is hot enough to put the chicken in. Reduce heat to medium-low. Place the strips in the oil and cook on each side for 2 minutes. Then, take out and let the chicken rest for 2 minutes..
- After resting the chicken, put back into the frying pan and cook for 30 seconds on each side. Place on a plate or cooking rack..
- Serve with your favorite side dish and sauce! Sauce ideas: ketchup, BBQ sauce, glaze with honey, or just eat plain!.
- If you really want to satisfy your taste buds, check out my recipe for buttermilk biscuits (on the recipe for Chicken Pot "No Pie" with buttermilk biscuits.) and make a honey-glazed-fried-chicken-biscuit sandwich!.
- Sooo good! Check out my recipe for macaroni potato salad that pairs excellently with this dish!.