You can have Buttermilk Biscuits using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Biscuits
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, chopped.
- It’s 2 cups of unbleached all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 1 cup of cultered buttermilk.
- Prepare of Plus additional unsalted butter.
Buttermilk Biscuits instructions
- Refrigerate your flour, you want it cold. (I keep some in the refrigerator in a jar.) The key to good biscuits is keeping your ingredients cold..
- In a food processor mix all your ingredients EXCEPT the buttermilk..
- In a large bowl, dump the ingredients from the food processor. Make a well, add the buttermilk. With your hand do, the mixing. Yes, it's messy! It's worth the mess! Knead to slightly tacky..
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface. PAT out to about 1 inch thick. Get busy with your biscuit cutter. I place mine on a parchment lined baking sheet. I space them 1/4 inch apart..
- Bake 450°F for 12 minutes. Always preheat that oven! While your biscuits are baking melt some unsalted butter, set it aside. After the 12 minutes, remove the biscuits from the oven. They should be lightly browned. Brush the biscuits with the melted unsalted butter. Return them to the oven and bake 1 to 2 minutes more..
- Best if eaten that day. Store in airtight container at room temperature..