Vegan "Crab" Cakes.
You can cook Vegan "Crab" Cakes using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan "Crab" Cakes
- It’s 2 cans of hart of palm, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 cup of cooked chickpeas.
- You need 1/4 cup of aquafaba (the chickpeas water).
- You need 4 tbsp of vegan mayo.
- You need 2 tsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1 tsp of worchester sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of old bay seasoning.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped green onions.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
Vegan "Crab" Cakes instructions
- In a food processor, add heart of palm and cooked chickpeas..
- Plus ingredients together until the texture is flaky and resembles crab meat..
- In a large bowl add aquafaba (water chickpeas where cooked in, or water from the chickpea can), and whisk liquid for 1 minute until it turns white and foamy (like egg whites)..
- Next add in vegan mayo, dijon mustard, Worchester sauce, liquid smoke, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, old bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, and the heart of palm/chickpea mix..
- Carefully mix all the ingredients together, making sure the flavor is evenly distributed..
- Using a measuring spoon (to ensure equal sizing), scoop out the "crab" cake mix and shape into the desired disk size..
- Once done, place "crab" cakes into the freezer for 10-15 minutes, this will help keep the hold while frying them later..
- To shallow fry; in a large skillet add cooking oil (I used 1/2 cup canola oil for its high smoke point) on medium heat..
- Cook "crab" cakes for 3-5 minutes on both sides until golden brown..
- Enjoy these Vegan "Crab" Cakes just as you would any other crab cake! I served mine on a bed of mixed spring salad, with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. CHECK OUT THIS RECIPE VIDEO AT WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/LATRAGUERRA.
- Please give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!.
recipe by LaTrā Guerra @cookpad