Peach Upside-down Cake. Folks have been flipping over upside-down cake for generations. Upside-Down Peach Cake Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Run a knife around the sides, place a platter on top and invert the cake onto the platter.
This peach upside-down cake is fast and easy to prepare because it starts with a cake mix. The irresistible dessert is soaked with sweet fruit juices and topped with caramelized brown sugar for a moist treat. This peach upside down cake is the best recipe to make at the height of summer- when peaches are plentiful in the grocery stores, and when they're Making an upside down cake is a two-step process. You can cook Peach Upside-down Cake using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Peach Upside-down Cake
- You need of Cake.
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoon of peach brandy.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/3 cup of molasses.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ginger.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of pecans.
- You need of Topping.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of peach brandy.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of peaches.
- You need As needed of pecans.
The first is preparing the fruit that will go in the bottom of the pan. In this recipe, peeled and sliced. The secret to the best ever peach upside down-cake? This skillet cake is easy, delicious, and perfect for any summer barbecue.
Peach Upside-down Cake instructions
- Heat a 8-9 inch cast iron skillet. Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray skillet with nonstick spray or grease with butter..
- Get the butter at room temperature. Mix the cake ingredients together form a batter..
- To make the topping Melt the butter with the sugar and peach brandy, heat gently in a saucepan, until the butter is melted..
- Peel and cut the peaches in half. To cut in half, take a knife to the center where the pit is. Score around the center and carefully separate..
- Remove the pit. Carefully remove the rough area that holds the pit..
- Cut into rings the peaches. Line the bottom of the skillet. Put a pecan half in the center of each peach ring. Pour the butter mixture into the bottom of the skillet..
- Carefully spoon the batter mixture over the top of the butter mixture..
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes test the cake for doneness..
- Let rest 1 minute, place a flat plate, or platter over skillet. Turn upside down and remove the skillet..
- If any peaches came off, remove from skillet and replace on the cake top..
- Serve warm or chilled I hope you enjoy!!!.
- NOTE: I sprayed the plate with nonstick spray that I transferred the cake onto. I stored in the refrigerator with aluminium foil on it so I also spayed the foil with the nonstick spray..
The secret to the best ever upside down-cake? This boozy caramel tastes especially amazing with peaches, but it'd be a wonderful twist to traditional. Fresh peach and caramel crusted cake with fluffy peach cake underneath, this peach upside down cake is sure to be a highlight at any get together! This light and airy peach upside down cake is dangerously tasty and knows how to please a crowd. Natural sugars in the peaches caramelize in the cast-iron skillet to create a glossy, decadent peach glaze.