Shepherd's pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese crust.… While Shepherd's Pie is. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily. You can make Shepherd's pie using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie
- You need of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Minced meat.
- You need of Mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of Onions.
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of Red,green and yellow peppers.
- You need of Peas and carrots.
- It’s of Flour.
- You need of Water.
- It’s of Garlic and ginger paste.
- You need of Black pepper.
- You need of Dried thyme.
- It’s of Rosemary.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- You need of Tomatoes paste.
This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Learn how to make it with ground beef, turkey, chicken, and lamb recipes. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping.
Shepherd's pie instructions
- Sauté some chopped onions in butter. Add minced meat,dried parsley,thyme,rosemary,salt,black pepper,garlic and ginger paste and seasoning together. Cook for a of minute.Add a little flour and tomatoes paste.Add water peas and carrots.Simmer the meat gravy until thick..
- Meanwhile, go ahead and boil some peeled and chopped potatoes.Drain the potatoes, add butter,salt, black pepper and mash until smooth..
- Pour the meat mixture into a casserole dish. Top it the mashed potatoes and mozzarella cheese and bake..
Shepherd's Pie is a traditional Irish dish made with ground lamb cooked with peas and carrots and topped with a mashed potato crust. Easy and tasty, all year round! Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. Patty's Day celebrations, shepherd's pie is full of distinctly Irish ingredients. This lightened up Shepherd's Pie recipe, filled with lean ground beef, veggies, and topped with yukon gold mashed potatoes would be perfect for all you meat and potato lovers out there!