You can cook Buttermilk Biscuits using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Biscuits
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Rice flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Coconut flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of xanthum gum.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar substitute, such as splenda.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2/3 cup of shortening.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of buttermilk (or up to 2 cups).
Buttermilk Biscuits instructions
- Combine flours, xanthum gum, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, & salt. Mix well..
- Add shortening. Mix together with fork or pastry blender until mixture looks like fine crumbs..
- Make a well in the middle & add 1 cup of buttermilk. Mix together until soft dough forms & leaves side of bowl, adding more buttermilk as needed to reach this consistency. (If don't have buttermilk, can substitute with putting 2 tbsp of vinegar in measuring glass then add enough milk of your choice & stir. Let set 5 minutes. Stir again & add to recipe.).
- Preheat oven to 450°F..
- Form into 2" balls then flatten some. Place on ungreased cookie sheet..
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown..