Grandmother's Buttermilk Cornbread.
You can make Grandmother's Buttermilk Cornbread using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grandmother's Buttermilk Cornbread
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 cup of cornmeal.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
Grandmother's Buttermilk Cornbread instructions
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees (175 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square pan. We use a cast iron skillet..
- Melt butter in large skillet. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan. Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain..
- Either leave in pan or pour batter into the prepared pan..
- Bake at 375° for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..