My Buttermilk Pie.
You can cook My Buttermilk Pie using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Buttermilk Pie
- You need 1 (9 Inch) of pie shell( This actually made 2. Unless your doing a deep dish.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 1 cup of White granulated sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 1 stick of Butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla extract- real not imitation.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon or nutmeg or both.
- It’s 1 of Next time I will make my own homemade pie crusts.
My Buttermilk Pie instructions
- First let the pie shells defrost for about 15 min, poke holes circling around bottom of crust with fork. Then pre-bake @ 400 the pie crusts for about 5 min or so on baking sheet..
- *Also make sure you use the pie thingies/aluminum foil to protect your pie shells. During the pre-bake, and also the actual baking of it so it don't burn.***.
- Mix everything together, and then pour in pie shells. (I also put a little cinnamon in the mix) you don't have too, or you can use cinnamon and nutmeg in the mix, and also I sprinkle both on top. (But I use the cinnamon sugar and nutmeg on top of the pie) Also you can microwave the filling mix for a few min, or just leave as is from the mixer..
- I put them back on baking sheet, and bake it at 400 for about 15 min, and then turn it down to about 350. Cook for about 20-25 min. Once done…let cool for awhile, to thicken up. These truly are better and set the next day. Put in fridge for best taste..