Sheik's traditional Syrian Meat Pies (Sfeeha). Sheik's Traditional Syrian … Sfeeha Syrian Meat Pies – No Dairy No Cry. Lebanese meat pies or sfeehas are savory pastries that are traditionally served like pizzas or as little triangles of doughy bread stuffed with a flavorful ground lamb or beef filling. This is a traditional dessert, easy and yummy.
A little meat pie; made extraordinary by the folks in Baalbeck (the number one tourist destination in Lebanon, site of incredible Roman temples). Prepare two cookie sheets by lining them with parchment paper. Making the sfeehas: Roll out the dough and punch it to remove all the air. You can cook Sheik's traditional Syrian Meat Pies (Sfeeha) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Sheik's traditional Syrian Meat Pies (Sfeeha)
- You need 7 cans of Pillsbury Grands Butter Tastin' (8 per can).
- It’s 2 of lbs. ground beef (80% lean).
- You need 32 oz. of plain yogurt.
- You need 10 oz. of pomegranate molasses.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare of Pine nuts.
Remember a while back when I talked about starting a gratitude or smile journal? If you are making a big amount make sure you cover the meat pies with a clean cloth while they I come from a Syrian background, but American born and raised. It seemed like my Situ (and. Lebanese meat pies or sfeehas are savory pastries that are traditionally served like pizzas or as little triangles of doughy bread stuffed with a flavorful ground lamb or beef filling.
Sheik's traditional Syrian Meat Pies (Sfeeha) instructions
- Chop sweet onions finely. Use a food processor. So much easier..
- In a large mixing bowl mix ground beef, yogurt, pomegranate molasses, onions, sea salt, black pepper and lemon juice thoroughly..
- Grease a half sheet bakers pan with melted butter. Flatten 6 dough circles on the pan to about 6"diameter. Create a border around the dough to hold the mixture in place during cooking and for aesthetics. Do this by folding up a 1/4 bead of the dough around the edges, pinching it as you go to form a"braid.".
- Spoon and spread the meat mixture ensuring that all the dough is covered up to the border. Finish by sprinkling pine nuts on the top..
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Cook pies for about 10-15 minutes until dough bottom and edges are golden brown..
Lebanese meat pies or sfeehas bring back a lot of childhood memories for me. They're the epitome of ethnic comfort food. Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Traditional Homemade Lebanese Meat Pies Sfeeha. Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä. Lebanese sfeeha or sometime called lahm bi ajeen, which basically means lamb in dough, are amazing little meat pies that full of flavor and simply delicious.