You can cook Cheese Straws using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheese Straws
- It’s 40 g of Cheddar cheese, grated.
- Prepare 85 g of Plain flour.
- Prepare 40 g of butter.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need 1 splash of milk.
Cheese Straws step by step
- Use some butter to grease a baking pan and preheat the oven to 180c..
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and add the butter..
- Rub in the butter until it creates breadcrumbs..
- Add the cheese then add half of the beaten egg and mix with a knife. Bring the dough together with your hands..
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until its about 1/2 cm thick. Cut out the straws an place on a baking sheet..
- Glaze with the rest of the egg. Glaze with milk if not enough egg left..
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown..