Dates & Walnuts Crumble Slices.
You can cook Dates & Walnuts Crumble Slices using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Dates & Walnuts Crumble Slices
- It’s of <Filling>.
- You need of Chopped Dried Dates.
- It’s of Hot Water.
- You need of Walnuts.
- You need of <Crumble>.
- It’s of Butter *melted.
- You need of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare of Plain Flour OR Self-Raising Flour.
- You need of Note: Self-Raising Flour makes softer texture.
- You need of Instant Porridge Oats OR Rolled Oats.
Dates & Walnuts Crumble Slices step by step
- Place chopped Dates and Hot Water in a large heat-proof bowl, heat in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, and set aside. *You can do this process using a saucepan. Bring it to the boil and cook for a few minutes, then set aside..
- In a separate bowl, mix Butter and Brown Sugar until smooth. Add Plain Flour (OR Self-Raising Flour) and Oats, and mix well..
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line the base and sides of a 20cm (OR a similar size) square cake tin with baking paper..
- Stir the softened dates and make into paste. Chop up Walnuts and add to the dates and mix well. *If the paste is too thick, add 1 tablespoon Water to loosen it..
- Firmly press half the Crumble into the base of prepared tin. Spread the dates mixture evenly. Cover with the remaining Crumble and gently press down..
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool and cut into slices..
recipe by Hiroko Liston @cookpad